CrashPlan doesn't have servers in Europe yet. That probably makes it too
slow to use if you're not in the U.S. I think Dropbox & OneDrive do
already have servers in Europe.

If you *are* in the U.S., CrashPlan does have an option to do a "seeded
backup" where they send you a 1TB USB drive for you to do your initial
backup locally & return it to them. They have a one time charge of
something like $125 for the seeded backup.

Then all your incremental backups can go over the internet.