Eric Featherstone wrote:
On 13 June 2015 at 21:18, Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>  wrote:
One thing that I haven't figured out how to do efficiently with rsync is for
it to track when I move a directory.

I think you want the --delete option

Thanks. I was aware of the delete option. It would just mean that my backups get copied twice. Unless they end up in their final destination before the first rsync. I could change my workflow a bit. I like to not move the files from a shoot into the monthly directory until I'm done, because it makes it easier to tell which ones I haven't finished.

             --delete                delete extraneous files from dest dirs

or one of its brethren

             --delete-before         receiver deletes before transfer (default)
             --delete-during         receiver deletes during xfer, not before
             --delete-after          receiver deletes after transfer, not before
             --delete-excluded       also delete excluded files from dest dirs

from:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/rsync.1.html

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)