Eric Featherstone wrote:
On 15 June 2015 at 19:20, Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>  wrote:
Thanks.  I was aware of the delete option.  It would just mean that my
backups get copied twice. Unless they end up in their final destination
before the first rsync.  I could change my workflow a bit.  I like to not
move the files from a shoot into the monthly directory until I'm done,
because it makes it easier to tell which ones I haven't finished.

Ah, I see what you mean. No, I don't think rsync has anyway of doing
that, it's very much geared towards files rather than directory
structures.

Since Lightroom strongly prefers that you move directories from within lightroom an excellent feature for lightroom would be the ability to automatically mirror your raw files (and catalogs for that matter) on other machines, SAMBA mounted drives, or even a second set of drives attached to your own machine.

If they did it right, they could even move "deleted" backup copies to a special trashcan and not piff it from the drive for some setable period of time.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)