Thanks Paul.  I'll just get the approximate measurements from my D2.

Are you satisfied with the quality of the Componon-S.  I'm wondering if
there'd be a noticeable difference between it and an APO Rodagon-N.
Fortunately a friend as the Rodagon-N, so getting at least one sample to
try should be easy and inexpensive.  He's raving about his 50mm/2.8 and
his 80mm Rodagons, and has said the difference between them and his
earlier El Nikkors is quite obvious.  Oh well ... maybe I better get some
sleep.

>The Componon-S is actually a 100mm lens. With my Omega DII on the
>baseboard, 8x10 comes just a little higher than half way up the column,
>slightly lower for edge to edge full neg on 8x10 paper. But not much
>lower, since 6x7 negs are pretty close to 8x10 proportion. 11x14 comes
>about 3/4 of the way up the column. I couldn't do 16x20 with that lens
>on the baseboard. That's why I went to the dropped table arrangement.
>don't know the exact dimensions in inches. I can measure for you some
>time over the weekend if you'd like that info.
---
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]