On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Aaron Reynolds wrote:
> Not that I'm aware of, other than age or heavier use.  You should (if
> you can) run a roll through and check out the frame spacing to make sure
> there's no overlapping.  If there's overlapping, it probably needs a
> tune up.

I guess it depends on where I buy it, but I'm almost 100% sure it won't be
local. I'm not a raving fan of ebay, so I'll likely buy it from one of the
big three mailorder houses, unless something turns up on ebay for cheap.

> The only AE prism is only for the 67II.  For the 67, there are two types
> of prism: metering and non-metering.  The non-metering prism does

OK... both of the bodies I looked through had needle meters in the bottom
section, but neither of them seemed to change when I moved around or
swapped settings. Does the non metering prism still have the display, but
its just non-functional?

> nothing at all.  The metering prism is an overall averaging meter,
> taking more into account than a normal centre-weighted meter.

I'd really like a 67ii for the integral spot meter, but its not gonna
happen. I've breifly thought about a Kiev 60 today, and using the
remainder of my money for a 4x5 lens, but I decided instead to just start
with the system I think I want.

> The lowest I've seen for a 6x7, metering prism and 105mm f2.4 (old
> version), in cosmetically fairly ugly condition was $899 CDN.  I've seen
> nicer bodies with a 105mm and the non-metering prism fairly frequently
> in the $1100 - $1200 CDN range.

Well, I just sold my ring for $700 US. So, that plus a little on top.. and
I'm in! I get my cash in two weeks.. whee!

> Happy shopping!

..like you couldn't believe...

-g

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin