That was kind of my point, that most of the support U.S. companies have
been criticized for giving Hitler happened before the war.

The companies profited from their German subsidiaries in the period
between when Britain, France & Germany went to war, but once the U.S.
entered the war, they had no actual control over the German subsidiaries.

They did kind of gloss over how the German subsidiaries had made profits
the U.S. companies collected after the war was over.