I think that it's actually a different sensor, the K-01 is basically a K-30 with out a pentaprism, (and that 'amazing' Mark Newson® designed plastic shell), and I think actually a smaller buffer. I expect it's got the same sensor as the K-30/50/500 and the DXOMark results seem to bear that out, (12 bit readout rather than 14).

That's not to say it isn't a great sensor, only 4 points below the overall score for the K-5 family.

It was really too little camera for the introduction price, but there had to be some way to pay the high priced design "talent".

They missed a bet by not including a EVF either tucked into the body, (there looks like there was plenty of room for it though that would have taken a redesign of the steel frame), or as an extra add on, but I've said that before.