P.J. Alling wrote:

>I think that it's actually a different sensor, the K-01 is basically a
>K-30 with out a pentaprism, (and that 'amazing' Mark Newson® designed
>plastic shell), and I think actually a smaller buffer.

I'm pretty sure Newson had a lot to do with the control layout and
user interface, too, because it's very good. (It's not for nothing
that Apple just hired him.) You're right about the buffer, though. It
does seem smaller than the K-5.

>They missed a bet by not including a EVF either tucked into the body,
>(there looks like there was plenty of room for it though that would have
>taken a redesign of the steel frame), or as an extra add on, but I've
>said that before.

There is absolutely no way they could have added an electronic
viewfinder. It's amazingly densely packed. In fact, it still surprises
me how heavy it is for its size every time I pick it up. And if they
could have added an EVF it would have increased the price, which was
the main issue with this camera.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com