Hi Ann,

I am quite certain that's a coyote. They look a lot like German
Shephards - at least facially.

Here's a Coyote that lives in the lakeside park near my place:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2015/02/coyote-beautiful.html

Coyotes are often grey or brown.

According to:

http://www.respectforanimals.co.uk/facts-and-reports/statistics/103/

47,340 is the total number of coyote pelts (presumably combined trap
and ranched) that Canada "produced" in 2,009, the last year reliable
figures were available.

As for the composition, thanks for your thoughts. I have many more
that are wider, I felt that the tight shot on this one added impact.

I'll post another one tonight. Perhaps you'll like that one more.  :-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

cheers,

frank