Leaving the aperture simulator off probably leads to some lens sales, as it
makes using the K and M versions somewhat cumbersome, thereby encouraging
upgrades.  On the other hand, I don’t think a lot of users care. In my opinion,
the camera works fine without it. I don’t mind using the green button or a
handheld incident meter.

Paul