On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 07:59:03AM +1000, Brian Walters wrote:
> Hmm - it's tales like this that make me glad I resisted the temptation
> to upgrade from Win7.  It works; it does what I want; I'm leaving well
> enough alone...
>
> Also my PC is so low spec that I'm almost certain I'd run into worse
> problems than you have.

I've upgraded three machines; the lowest-spec one was an older HP laptop
with dual celeron processors.  That one took over 12 hours to run through
the installation process, but it eventually got there.

My only problems have been with the network; sometimes when one machine
boots up it can't connect to my wireless network.  I still haven't found
out the best incantation to fix this problem, but so far I've have always
been able to connect eventually.