I hear ya.

My vision is still correctable to 20-20, but the daily correction need varies
depending on other factors. In recent years, a condition called Map Dot
Dystrophy can cause my corneas to become swollen occasionally, which ruins my
vision for a day or three regardless of correction.

Basically, the issue is that getting older past a certain point sucks.
Unfortunately, the alternatives don't leave a lot of options so it's best to
suck it in and keep on going however you have to. :-/