From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Monday, 19 December 2016 1:51 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: My next piece of photographic gear

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> :-)
>
> I'm a bit older than you. I've been wearing progressives since around age 47
> or so, fifteen years
ago. They work great for me, as long as I'm not working on a large screen
computer display ... then
I have bifocal splits that give me 22" and 14" in focus.

I've been wearing progressives since I was about 48, I probably should have
gotten them a year or
two earlier. It's just annoying that my older glasses no longer work just fine,
it's even more
annoying that my vision no longer corrects to as good as it once did, or that I
get ranges where my
eyes just won't focus, even with the progressives.

> I've never cared whether I wore glasses... regular, progressives, or
> bifocals. I just want to see:
to read, to do my photography, and to enjoy the beauty of life. Whatever it
takes to see is all that
matters.

> What else is important, really?

>> On Dec 18, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I have come to the unpleasant realization that as much as I enjoy obtaining
>> new lenses, the next
pair of lenses that I need to buy will not be K-mount but eyeglasses.
>> Last week, when I was trying to adjust the temples, my eyeglasses snapped in
>> half. Unfortunately,
my spare glasses just don't seem to work. I went thirty years with my
prescription barely changing,
and now in my fifties and in the era of progressive lenses, glasses just a few
years out of date
make it hard to read the text on my computer screen, much less process photos.