On 12/18/2016 11:58 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

Have had an issue when using a camera, I can't make up my mind to
adjust the camera diopter to work without the glasses, but then I
can't read the on camera info.

Never had that problem. Camera diopter doesn't have enough magnification
(or whatever it does) to handle my uncorrected eyesight.

I've been wearing glasses since I was 12. No chance for contacts, my
blink reflex is so bad I could never put them in. I've been wearing
bifocals since my early 50s & went to progressives right away because I
couldn't handle stairs with the kind that have the line in the middle.

NOT a candidate for laser surgery. Doctor says I have too much
astigmatism. But they told me that if I ever have to have cataract
surgery, they might be able to fit me with a lens that corrects my
distant vision & then I'll only need reading glasses for close up work.

Hoodman offered a pair of "Photoframes" that flipped the glass part up
out of the way while your eye was against the viewfinder, but it doesn't
look like they make/sell them any longer.

http://petapixel.com/2010/02/24/pma2010glasses-for-photographers/

It's a shame. I looked at them one time, but they were VERY expensive
($500 frames) & you still had to pay your eye doctor to make the lenses
to fit them. Plus, when I asked about getting cable temples, I was told
they were not available.

Searching for them now, the old reviews show them with cable temples.
What a bummer.