Pål wrote:

> The Manfrotto 055 is borderline for even the 645N. I would certainly
> recommend something stronger for the 67.

I use an 055 (and 029 head) with the 67 with no problems whatsoever.  I've
had great success even with the 300mm lens.  I wouldn't recommend extending
the lowest leg sections unless you really need to, as they are definitely a
bit flimsy.

Anything heavier than that would be more than I'd like to carry.  With your
recent comments about saving weight with the 645 and its zoom lenses, I
hope you won't be losing all that advantage by carrying a big heavy tripod
:)

> There are conflicting opinions about the vibration problems of the 67.
> Mirror lock is mandatory but the shutter may also cause shakes.

I don't believe the shutter causes any problems at all.  It is very light.
The sync speed is only 1/30 so the curtain would move at about the same
speed as an older 35mm camera, although there will be a little more moving
mass.  The shutter on my K2 feels a lot heavier but that is a very heavy
shutter even for 35mm.  The 6x7's mirror return causes a lot of shake which
may upset some people but that doesn't contribute to image degradation.

I don't know about MLU being mandatory but I do use it 99% of the time
because I don't want to take the risk.  All my handheld shots have turned
out well so far, but I have tended to use pretty high shutter speeds.  The
camera is a lot less stable with a waist-level finder (I now have a prism
which I'm keen to try out).

Cheers,

- Dave