On 6/29/2018 4:42 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Whether or not putting a link in the subject like *works* is neither
here nor there. It's not accepted practice to send links that way and
I'd say it's a bad idea from a security standpoint for anyone
*receiving* such a message to click a link in a subject line.
That is my feeling too..
  Too easy
to get in the habit of clicking such links and eventually get sent
somewhere bad by any of the all-too-numerous scumbags on the net.

Tell your friend to stop it for everyone's sake.
alas, that is not an option  - I tried that , in person... just a few minutes ago -- she is a neighbor.  That is, I tried to explain why I though it was perhaps not a good idea.. Bit apparently she says it works on her Mac computer as well as her phone.. She claims she only does it when she is already chatting with someone (in person or on phone texting) and drops a link into the subject line..  All her friends do it... - sigh.  Though she did admit at last to understanding my point of view about it...

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com