The hyperlink friend sent me was not clickable - (and I'm grateful for that -) But after reading your reply and Bob W's  I have to back down on my thinking she was doing somethingseldomdone...

However I couldn't open her link in the email she sent me without doing copy and past and then opening a browser. Thundebird doesn't check spelling in
subject lines either.

If I hadn't been in the room with her when she sent me the link, I surely would have deleted it without opening the mail.  likewise, if I get email with
NO subject or with "Hi"  instant delete.

ann