Some years ago during the pre-digital era (remember that?) I was in outback
South Australia when the only camera I had (a Ricoh as it happens) packed it in.
I was unable to replace it until I reached Adelaide a week or two later (another
Ricoh!)

I vowed never to travel without a backup again - and I never have.  I've also
never again had a camera failure when travelling....

Cheers
Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia