> On Apr 9, 2022, at 3:59 PM, Brian W <bria...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
>
> Some years ago during the pre-digital era (remember that?) I was in outback
> South Australia when the only camera I had (a Ricoh as it happens) packed it
> in.
> I was unable to replace it until I reached Adelaide a week or two later
> (another
> Ricoh!)
>
> I vowed never to travel without a backup again - and I never have.  I've also
> never again had a camera failure when travelling....

Two years ago, on a trip to Oregon, on  my second or third night of
photographing comet Neowise my K-1 packed it in.

Fortunately I had backup in the form of a K-3ii and a K-3 with O-GPS.
Unfortunately, they weren’t as good at the wide angle shots because there
aren’t fast lenses with as wide of an AoV for APS.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com

--