Have you tried shooting with a 5n in bright light or are you just going
on the common report that the lcd is hard to read in bright light.

Scott, I tried a 5n at a dealer here in Albuquerque. I stepped outside
with the camera and could not read the exposure information in the
viewfinder except by contortions that would really require three hands
for every shot. I've noticed the problem also on the ZX-50 and the
PZ-1p. The MZ-S may be a bit more readable, but I haven't used it since
January so don't recall precisely. Part of the problem may be that I
wear glasses. But others have complained of this problem too.

If the 5n works for you, that's great. I assume it's being discontinued,
though.

Joe