William wrote:

> I have heard of problems with just about everyone's evaluative
> metering systems having some flaws with slide film. They all
> seem to overexpose somewhat in many situations.
> The trick would be to set the meter to center weighted, if the
> camera supports such a regressive feature.

This is plain wrong. Evaluative meter is like any other meter; it tries to make
everything medium toned. However, the notion that center weighed metering "solve" the
problem or has a better "hit rate" is plain wrong.
The fact that some people prefer center weighted metering because they know how it
react to various scenes is fine. However, this has nothing to do with matrix metering
failure but the photographer not having learned how matrix metering works.

Pål