In light of the allegations that some folks have had trouble with slide
film
> being overexposed, I still wouldn't have a problem recommending Pentax to
> someone who wants to shoot slides; but I would simply recommend that they try the
>body they're using and see whether they'd need/want to change the ISO
> rating for slide film to get the results that would suit them.

Right. Most of us on this list could work around the problem. But I just
gave my old ZX-50 to my wife, who is not going to understand when I tell
her to adjust the ISO or the EV or use the exposure compensation button
(then remember to reset it afterwards). She just wants to point and
shoot, and occasionally needs slides. I know of others I work with who
are in the same situation. They need to shoot slides but don't want (or
need) to learn as much about photography as we know. I'd like to
recommend Pentax to them but am reluctant to, only because of this
problem.

Joe