Dave,

Since you already own it, why keep changing.  I assume it will work
for the type of photography you do as well as the K1000 or is there
something unique about it that the LX can't do.

Since you have the LX, why not expand your horizons just a bit at a
time?  Take one feature and learn how to utilize it well.  This can
round out your skills as a photographer better.  Learn how to shoot
low light, learn how to shoot fast action, learn how to shoot macro,
etc.  Then you may find that you have a great camera now, rather than
being limited in your learning by the K1000.

I hope I am making some sense.

Bruce