On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Bruce Dayton wrote:
> If ultra vivid is what you want, then Velvia or Kodak 100VS is your

I haven't used the Velvia yet, I'm saving it for a trip to Centralia, PA
(its a town that's been on fire for over 30 years, now). I'll have to add
in a roll of Kodak 100VS into my next order and see how it turns out.

> game.  In the print film realm, the king was Agfa Ultra 50 - alas is

Most of all, I'd love to find a print film in 4x5, as I know my shutters
are all off and I'm too lazy to sit down and test them all to find out
just by how much. :) Oh well, evidently I'll have to test or just deal
without.

> lighting but not both well.  For low contrast situations - Agfa Optima
> II 100 is quite nice.  For higher contrast situations - Konica
> Impressa 50 and Fuji Reala 100 are both very nice.  If you would like
> samples, I can email you some.

I've been shooting Reala 100 in 120 now for a few rolls, and have been
quite happy with the results so far, but for the most part, the colours
seem to be as I remembered them, not the excessively vivid colour I
(not-so) secretly wish to have. I'm happy, but I want more.. always more!

Come to think of it, is Reala available in 4x5..(checking)..no, it is not.

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin