From: "Bruce Dayton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The
> real battle area for them is in the 645 arena.  This is an area where
> both Contax and Mamiya are working with that very concept.  Pentax
> would have better luck putting there efforts there.
>

> Bruce

I agree, Bruce!

Minolta has tried and failed in the pro 35mm market. Pentax can regain some
respect only if they can go digital and retain the 35mm format on both
fronts. It is known in this group that the Pentax optics, when they chose,
are world beaters.....

The 645 area is one of caution. Both Pentax and Contax will be hurt with
Mamiya/s 645 E. A capable 645 for well less than 1,000!

If I were to restart and  sacrifice my existing cameras and lenses, I would
be hard pressed to bypass Canon. Their present system and optics leave Nikon
lacking. Only because older optics can be used with present Nikon cameras
keep Nikon in the game.

YMMV

Bob