----- Original Message -----
From: Pal Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Next Pentax Flagship Camera?

> Medium format is the most popular format for landscape photography on a
global basis. This is the market Pentax is catering for. The studio market
is crowded and Pentax have never shown much interest in it.

That's why Pentax will never get close to Mamiya or Hasselblad...

> The only dead end MF market is the studio settings as most are switching
to digital. So far, digital hasn't made much impact on landscape
photography.

Make a digital back and there you are in business

> > Z-1p beats easily Dynaxx 7 (I don't know Dynaxx 9 from my personal
> > experience) in terms of ergonomy and convenience of use. I
>
> Not true.

True.
Say "not true" again, and I'll say "true" again, and so on...
I can say that because I know both cameras from my personal experience. For
me it is as I stated above...

> It is one of the
> > most ergonomic, well designed and user-friendly camera ever.
>
> Not true either. Even Pentax describe it as complex.

*No, not true at all! No...:|*
I don't care what Pentax says - it's more important what the users think. Do
you think I'm the one who claims that? If so, then you're greatly mistaken.
Just read individual reviews on the Net.
But of course those review may seem meaningless to you, because you think
something else. That's OK but don't question the facts.
HyperProgram is user friendly, built-in flash compensation is user friendly,
Pentax Functions are user friendly. You need a list of PF's for the MZ-S -
Z-1p tells you, what the actual PF is all about. You need one touch of your
finger to switch between HyP, Av and Tv in Z-1p. You can set the flash
compensation w/o taking your eye away from the viewfinder in Z-1p.
You tell me it isn't user friendly and complex? Come on! I managed to master
my Z-1p and configure it's PF's in less than an hour and since then never
looked back to the manual
I don't know from what point of view you are speaking, but it's completely
opposite to mine...
Greetz
Artur