Michael,

Are you telling me that the MZ-3 which has not picture modes has
picture modes and that it will do continuous focus as you pan?  My
understanding is that the MZ-3 (almost an MZ-5n) has no picture modes
and that it only has predictive focus, which means it predicts
movement from the time you press the shutter button until the shutter
actually releases.  This is *not* servo - just predictive.  The only
bodies I know of that actually do servo are the PZ-1p and the MZ-S.

Bruce