JCO,

Konica Impressa 50 would have to be considered.  It is a bit tricky
comparing print & slide films.  Fuji Reala 100 is quite fine grained
too.  On the slide side, Provia 100F is the best that I am aware of in
E6.

Bruce

JCOC> What is the groups opinion on what is
JCOC> the finest grain/sharpest COLOR 35mm
JCOC> film still available?

JCOC> I dont care whether it's color neg / or slide film
JCOC> or what ever speed or color saturation
JCOC> characteristics. I just what the finest
JCOC> film available for color 35mm.

JCOC> My first guess would be Kodachrome 25
JCOC> but I think it's discontinued...

JCOC> JCO