Hi Tim,

on 10 Oct 02 you wrote in pentax.list:

>> I hope that the Optio will arrive tomorrow or on Saturday...

>Where did you order it from? I ordered one from Pixmania last week but they

I'm living in Germany and ordered it from Foto Koch (www.fotokoch.de).
I've ordered it 5 or 6 hours ago and they had 2 on stock.

>told me they've been recalled and will be re-released later in the month due
>to a problem with the USB interface -

Ohoh... I hope my Optio will be OK...

>I hope they do, I'll be buying one before Christmas to replace the
>Yashica P&S that gets family use, and it'll either be an Optio 330GS
>(cheap option) or the Canon S30 (dear option) if the 330GS never
>appears - S30 has lots of manual options but is >100 euro dearer....

I'm quite sure that the GS appears soon. It has a good price and might
be a real cash cow for Pentax in the christmas business. I don't remeber
the S30 prices, but wouldn't a 330RS or even a 430RS an alternative?
They provide many manual functions.

>Of course, I ordered a 128 meg CF card and a CF reader (so the USB problem
>wouldn't have affected me anyway) and they are here. Nice card - shame
>there's no camera to go with it...

I keep my fingers crossed for you...

Regards, Heiko