Hi Ryan,

on 16 Oct 02 you wrote in pentax.list:

>I read it to say "APS sized CCD", but the article is a bit confusing at
>best.

Oh you're right. I've read something about Olydaks 4/3 concept just
before Pal's posting and draw the conclusion that Pentax would built a
whole new camera around that chip. Following the agrgumentation of
Olydak this would make sense in order to optimize the lenses for the
chip size. But it would obviusly make no sense if you want to keep your
K-mount;-)

Maybe this ist the proof for having a Pentax spy here: he saw our dslr
threads and reported his new boss that the PDMLers start getting crazy.
The new management said:

"OK, let's do something for this maniacs. Hey guys what do we have on
stock?"

"Here's something like an MZ-S. It is marked with a 'D'. And we have
found a couple of CCDs. Seems to be APS-size..."

"That will be enough. Throw the chips into the body and inform the
Marketing Department..."

<g>

Regards, Heiko