Assuming it's already installed, when you're looking at the adapter as
installed on the camera body, the release tab is inside the narrow
rectangular cutout just above the red dot on the body's lens mount.
You press it inward a little, that releases the ring to rotate, and
then while keeping it depressed, turn the ring CCW until the ring's
bayonet tab (presently inside the lens mount) matches up with the
relief cutout in the lens mount (about 45°) and just lift it out!

Do it a few times and you'll get the hang of it!  <g>

keith whaley, Pentaxian