Hi Dan,

I've read ahead and can't really help with the off brand adapter problem.  However,
reading your message rang a bell as I remembered that the Jupiter 9 I borrowed didn't
line
up exactly with my Pentax screw adapter either.  Off by perhaps 5-10 degrees.  My Taks
line up fine so it's probably the lens, although I have heard that even the Taks don't
always line up with off brand adapters.

William (who found his pentax k-screw adapter NIB in the junk bin for a buck) in Utah.