Hi Dan, a couple of comments below...

Dan Scott wrote:

> On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 07:28  AM, Herb Chong wrote:
>
> > Message text written by INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> Which means I would need to buy a film scanner.
> > I have a document scanner that does top quality documents, but I don't
> > think it's optimized for film... I'll have to check my manual
> > carefully.
> > I know I'd be very unhappy with it if it were only mediochre. I can
> > get that from my film processor now!
> > So that's a bit of an outlay that needs amortizing over a long time.
> >
> > Secondly, I am not prepared for the learning curve on Photoshop! I
> > have paid careful attention to those who have used it for a long time,
> > and in essense they all agree that it is a steep curve, and takes
> > dedicated effort to be facile with it...
> > I think that "ColorIt!" or "GraphicConverter" would do as well, if I
> > took the time to acquire that skill with them.<

= snipped =

Dan replied:

> Photoshop Elements is getting really good press, and it's a lot cheaper
> than the full blown package. I'm not sure if the learning curve is any
> different, but it might be an option. ColorIt I found confusing and not
> as powerful, and GraphicConverter,  while excellent at opening and
> translating files, is actually very limited (in my experience).

Have you ever down-loaded and reviewed the 237 page instruction manual
that comes with it? Most impressive ~ and I'm talking about image manipulation!

> Photoshop is worth the effort.

Once you become familiar and capable with it. No argument from me!

> The biggest part of the learning curve
> for me was finally figuring out that 99.9 percent of what it can do is
> stuff that completely messes up photos (for my purposes).<g> The
> remaining 00.1 percent, however, makes all the difference in the world.

And, for the 1/10th of 1% that you actually use and enjoy, you're
going thru all that sweat and tears?
Nah, not me, thanks...

> Dan Scott

keith