Guys if you have limited experience with photoshop, I highly recommend
photodeluxe which is also made by adobe and comes free with many decent Epson
printers and various scanners. It really is simple to use and guides you
through most steps with ease. It can do most of what photoshop can do
(including layers) and generally do it easier (at least for beginners) Once
you get good at it, set it on advanced mode and it's even closer to photoshop.

Vic