Ben wrote:

                                                                (100714-1)
"Peirce did not complete the ten-trichotomy system to his own satisfaction
but his effort indicates that he regarded the copula basically as a Third,
not as a Second, although it works as a Second at the syntactical level."

Can you explain, preferably with some examples, what you mean by "the
copula is basically a THIRD but can work as a SECOND at the syntactical
level" ?

Also what do you think about distinguishing Dicisign (a Second, according
to the 10 classes of signs) and Argument (a Third) as follows ?

"Dicisign = Second = Natural proposition;             (100714-2)
Argument = Third = Natural computing"

With all the best.

Sung
Sungchul Ji, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers University
Piscataway, N.J. 08855
732-445-4701