Sungchul, lists,

As regards the copula as index, I was referring back to Gary Richmond's remarks on Peirce and Stjernfelt,

[Quote]
In 3.7 Frederik shows, in considering the syntax of the proposition, that Peirce replaces the traditional copula with an index pointing to the fact being represented, the index being the /necessary/ sign for joining the replicas of the subject and the predicate of a proposition.
[End quote]

Scroll down in this message to find the rest of Gary R.'s message.

As regards the copula's thirdness, I was pointing out that Peirce as late as 1908 thought of the copula as a third as shown by his placing the 'copulant' or 'distributive sign' third in one of the trichotomies in the Dec. 25, 1908 version (I think I said "Dec. 24" by a typo) of his ten trichotomies, for which I posted a link http://lyris.ttu.edu/read/attachment/2204107/2/10ad5.GIF in a recent message.

Here's Peirce's discussion:

   [CP 8.350. EP 2:484. From a draft letter to Lady Welby, dated Dec.
   25, 1908)
   Adopting this enumeration as a basis of a division of Signs, I obtain

   A. _/Descriptives/_, which determine their Objects by stating the
   characters of the latter.

   B. _/Designatives/_ (or _/Denotatives/_), or Indicatives,
   _/Denominatives/_, which like a Demonstrative pronoun, or a pointing
   finger, brutely direct the mental eyeballs of the interpreter to the
   object in question, which in this case cannot be given by
   independent reasoning.

   C. _/Copulants/_, which neither describe nor denote their Objects,
   but merely express the logical relations of these latter to
   something otherwise referred to. Such, among linguistic signs, as
   "If — then — ," " — is — ," " — causes — ," " — would be — ," " — is
   relative to — for — " "Whatever" etc.

I think you need to get a copy of EP 2.

Regarding 'natural computing' - I don't see what that adds to the idea of natural arguing; if anything it seems unneedfully to narrow the idea of arguing, which can be deductive, inductive, abductive, or whatever combination, while 'computing' is usually taken to mean deducing.

Best, Ben