From: jawb...@att.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 16:32:24 -0500
CC: hpat...@roadrunner.com; biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee; peirce-l@list.iupui.edu
To: tabor...@primus.ca
Subject: [PEIRCE-L] Re: Natural  Propositions : Chapter 8

But seriously, Folks, I think it's fairly clear that Howard is using “real” in
the sense of physical reality, as Peirce did when he wrote “real world”, and as
all of us do when that's what we mean. But I can assure you that mathematicians
as a rule, including Peirce, regard mathematical objects as “having
properties”, which makes them “real” according to the technical Scholastic
definition of “real” that Peirce always uses and often mentions when he's being
precise.
Jon

http://inquiryintoinquiry.com