Apropos of mimesis I once spent a frustrating few years trying to find my
way past the thinking in a forum on Rene Girard. This sonnet is a
remembrance of it.

Mimesis Jesus can this compass truth

As Oedipus and chums and geigenwelt

Once seemed a way of parsing in my youth

Before Girardian influence was felt

What minds so compass all reality

All things to stated causes they reduce

What story can compel us just to see

A single vision our mimetic noose

I'll take the Bard to be our still-best guide

And Jesus as our best iconoclast

And never more behind a theory hide

Or seek on earth a premise that will last

I'm free at last for I have finally found

There's nothing I can wrap my mind around

Books http://buff.ly/15GfdqU Art: http://buff.ly/1wXAxbl
Gifts: http://buff.ly/1wXADj3