> On Oct 19, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Edwina Taborsky <tabor...@primus.ca> wrote:
>
> Clark - I prefer not to think of Jung.  You wrote:
>
> "the sorts of things structuralism dealt with in treating the mind as
> literature were correct."
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by the above.

In most ways psychoanalysis is treating the mind (especially dreams) as if they
were a literary work to be interpreted with the various ways literature was
interpreted.  That’s why even though Jung, Freud and company aren’t typically
taken seriously in science they still are in literature departments.

The way a person interprets literature simply is quite different from say what
goes on in contemporary psychology or cognitive science.