Jeff, List,

Still traveling, limited wifi in this bar and burger joint, and don't know how
much time I'll have, so just a few off-hand remarks.

I am by temperament and training a cross-disciplinary, non-hierarchical thinker
and my mix of math and programming work left me quite conversant with strange
loops and mutual recursions among quasi-mental operations. So I quit having
much use in practice for the brand of classification mania that Peirce
occasionally exhibits and some of his readers enjoy almost perversely. If we
are talking about fully developed sciences then of course they all draw on and
rest on and sleep with each other to a promiscuous degree.

All that said, I still see something of critical importance in Peirce's barest
statement of the sciences' dependencies, just shy of their co-dependencies.

Will try to say more on that score when I get time.

Regards,

Jon

http://inquiryintoinquiry.com