My uses of 'First', 'Second', or 'Third' are to denote specific instantiations of the categories of Firstness, Secondness, or Thirdness. This is similar to how I use 'a general' as a specific instantiation of generality. Perhaps we all should follow this standard. Saying "category the Third" just seems like bad grammar. Same with saying "a Thirdness."

Matt