On 12/29/15 5:40 PM, Matt Faunce wrote:

What year was CP 1.303 written?

I meant, CP 2.303

I remember hearing Richard J. Bernstein mention in an online lecture that one sad consequence of Peirce's ostracization from academia is that he sometimes contradicted himself when he probably otherwise wouldn't have. If there's a seeming contradiction, I, of course, first look to see if it's just my misinterpretation, but second, I look to see if the two items that contradict come from two different eras of Peirce's thought. Is that the case here, with CP 2.303 and CP 1.138?

Matt