Sung, List:

The nine terms that you list are not really TYPES of signs; rather, each
one is a label for a single ASPECT of a given sign.  Every sign is either a
qualisign, a sinsign, or a dicisign; every sign is either an icon, an
index, or a symbol; and every sign is either a rheme, a dicent, or an
argument.  However, any one of these labels is an INCOMPLETE description,
with the exception of qualisign (which entails icon and rheme) and argument
(which entails legisign and symbol); and even those are incomplete once we
start taking additional trichotomies into account.

Please indicate where in Peirce's writings that he EVER defines something
that is dyadic or otherwise non-triadic as a "sign."

It seems rather obvious that "reading Peirce extensively does not GUARANTEE
that the reader will come away with a correct understanding of Peirce," and
I doubt that anyone on the List would dispute this.  However, I suspect
that reading Peirce extensively does render one MORE LIKELY to come away
with a correct understanding of his thought that reading him only to a
limited extent.  Just my opinion, of course.