(Sorry, I accidentally sent that last post while still working on it. So take
it in terms of working out ideas and forgive me for not having a finished
thought)

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 6:02 PM, sb <peirc...@semiotikon.de> wrote:
>
> "It is a particular interesting thing, how scholars, who dedicate their whole
> lifes to the separating of fiction from fact, are unable to separate their
> own dreams about science from the true form of science."

I think this is as true of philosophers as it is of scientists. As I mentioned
in that last (unfinished) post I think there’s often a bit too much arm chair
philosophizing by philosophers of science at times. Likewise I think some don’t
take into appreciation the differences in practice between different fields or
subfields.

That said, I also think it undeniable some scientists write on the subject
without bothering to read up on arguments already made. i.e. a strong ignorance
of literature on the subject. This is especially true of prominent scientists
entering into the field of popularizing science literature.

I’ve come over time to find arguments over method as far less interesting than
arguments over metaphysical implications of particular theories - especially in
theoretical physics. Things such as the nature of time in light of general
relativity and string theory.