Stephen, list:

You said, “Try explaining to Isaac Newton, or CS Peirce, that they were
wasting their time trying to frame things in terms of an axiomatic
framework... *Peirce may not have spelt it out*….”

_____

Given the situation:  "I do not understand you," is the phrase of an angry
man”, in which there is “no *lanterna pedibus*, no light to guide their
researches” and,

…even if this be the normative form of abduction, the form to which
abduction *ought* to conform…

Please consider:

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency
warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes.
They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to
himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a
divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there
is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I
have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man
in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the
waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will
save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man
had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him
at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man
refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I
have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his
rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came
down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you
up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No
thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away
and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith
in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a
canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you
looking for?

http://epistle.us/inspiration/godwillsaveme.html

The surprising fact C is observed.

But if A were true...