>"I'm not only currently involved in strategic planning, I for several years
>edited a business journal for an executive readership, featuring work by many
>of the top business consultants of the time. I'm deeply familiar with both how
>good decisions are made, and the bullshit often brought to the table."

This is helpful to know, and places your objection into a more credible light.
I am as skeptical as you of the faddism in which business woo is immersed.

>"A good book for you to read if you truly want to understand the processes DNA
>is central to: Life on the Edge, by Johnjoe McFadden and Jim Al-Khalili."

Good... I am familiar with some of jj McFadden's work.

>"in mind you're arguing against diversity on a list where a majority of the
>readers are in India, perhaps the most diverse blend of cultures on the
>planet."

My views of what is taking place in Europe have nothing to do with India and
the east.. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if India were to take off with a new
renaissance to rival that which took place in Europe.

>"The problems that France and Germany are having with some immigrants are
>because they fail to welcome and integrate them into their societies."

I disagree. Germany and Sweden provide generous welfare benefits to refugees.
And last year Germany declared their "all refugees welcome" open-door policy.
This does not inspire the sorts of ambitious survivors that provided the
backbone for American culture. It encourages opportunists who, mired in the
poverty of their own creation (cultural complicity), look at social security
handouts as freebies and lifestyle opportunities, and encourages them to
congregate into enclaves. That alone... unconditional, generous welfare
benefits for refugees... is a bad move, and it works against the interests of
an effective refugee program that correctly identifies authentic refugees. This
naiveté is providing the seed for a new underclass in Europe to rival that of
its history with gypsies.

My objection to what is taking place in Europe relates to liberalism, its
virtue-signalling, its self-indulgent narratives and fake equalities. So
obsessed are they with virtue-signalling and not contradicting their cherished
narratives that some European leaders now have blood on their hands. As for
whether or not Middle-Eastern cultures with their Muslim faiths can be
integrated with Christian Europe, that is a more complex question, and it is
irresponsible for Europeans to plough ahead with their liberal agenda without
addressing the issue properly. Irresponsibly, they have failed to incorporate a
compelling theory of culture and cultural identity.

Cheers, sj

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:47:23PM +0200, Stephen Jarosek wrote:

> Mission statements are "window dressing?" Really? You've not had any
> experience in strategic planning at the management level, have you...
> ie, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not only currently involved in strategic planning, I for several years
edited a business journal for an executive readership, featuring work by many
of the top business consultants of the time. I'm deeply familiar with both how
good decisions are made, and the bullshit often brought to the table.

A good book for you to read if you truly want to understand the processes DNA
is central to: Life on the Edge, by Johnjoe McFadden and Jim Al-Khalili.
It's amazing stuff, and we're only at the beginning of understanding it. Nor is
it essentially mired in the computationalist metaphor which I join you in
stressing the limits of.

Not the make too much a thing of exchanging insults, but you might keep in mind
you're arguing against diversity on a list where a majority of the readers are
in India, perhaps the most diverse blend of cultures on the planet. The
problems that France and Germany are having with some immigrants are because
they fail to welcome and integrate them into their societies.
They keep them apart, as you appear to advocate, rather than bring them into
the fold, as America historically has.

Best,
Whit