From: Edwina Taborsky [mailto:tabor...@primus.ca]
Sent: 23. oktober 2016 21:23
To: Søren Brier; Gary Richmond; Peirce-L
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Peirce's Logical Universes and Categories

Thanks Soren, but -the problem with terms such as pantheism and panentheism -
is that they don't define the term 'god'.

 By the way, when/if I refer to Peirce as a 'pantheist', I am possibly - and
probably- using the term incorrectly.

I really mean 'pansemiotician'; i.e., that semiosis functions within all realms
of matter/mind. This then means that one must ask 'what is semiosis' - and I
consider that it is the morphological development of matter-mind, within the
three categories, within the triadic format. ..And that this takes place in all
realms: the physico-chemical, biological and socio-conceptual.

The 'origin' and 'ultimate/final cause' of this semiosis - I don't locate it
OUTSIDE of semiosis. And I see the justification for this in Peirce's 1.412
outline. Others, such as Jon and Gary R, focus more on the NA and therefore
locate this ultimate/final cause in a supreme force, [which must be accepted
without question] termed 'God'.   I see this outline as an inexplicable
contradiction to 1.412 - despite Jon's claim that he has 'solved' the
contradiction.

So- I apologize; I think I've been using the term 'pantheist' incorrectly - as
my focus on 1.412, doesn't attribute the formation and generation of the
universe to any non-immanent agent [god].

Edwina