Eric, List:

Welcome!  A couple of issues come to mind.

   - Is there anything real that cannot, in principle, be known by humans?
   The nominalist says yes, the realist says no.
   - Are there real laws of nature that govern existing things and events?
   The nominalist says no, the realist says yes.

In both cases, the nominalist blocks the way of inquiry by insisting that
some aspects of experience are brute and inexplicable.