Or Dylan Thomas ...

| In the beginning was the three-pointed star,
| One smile of light across the empty face;
| One bough of bone across the rooting air,
| The substance forked that marrowed the first sun;
| And, burning ciphers on the round of space,
| Heaven and hell mixed as they spun.
|
| Dylan Thomas, “In The Beginning”, Verse 1

http://web.archive.org/web/20110612002235/http://suo.ieee.org/ontology/msg04290.html

Regards,

Jon

On 4/19/2017 10:36 PM, John Collier wrote:
I suspect you are right, Jon. I think this means that you would disagree with
Terry Deacon’s approach, which starts with icons and has the rest evolve.
Perhaps the origin of the first third is the beginning. Nothing is outside of
that. That would be a bit like some gnostic views.