List, John:

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 4:44 PM, John F Sowa <s...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>
> On 10/20/2017 3:26 PM, Jerry LR Chandler wrote:
>> My feeling is that CSP’s remarks are now out of date in the sense that many
>> forms of mathematical reasoning are used in different structural forms -
>> sets, groups, rings, vector spaces etc. with different modes of reasoning,
>> even about addition and multiplication.
>
> No.

I disagree.

CSP’s logic did not incorporate these structural forms of these mathematical
theories, although rudimentary forms of these theories had been proposed in his
time, but certainly not in the logical forms of mathematical structures used in
the 21 st Century.

Compare CSP’s theories of graphs to role of today's graph theory which
functions to bind several mathematical structures together.  CSP developed his
theories of graphs by analogy / metaphor with chemical graphs, rather than
geometry which underlies today’s mathematical structuralism that spans from
points to categories (Lavere)

Cheers
Jerry